[Xfce-i18n] Orage 4.3.2.9 worth translating

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Feb 11 05:08:50 CET 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:57:44 +0200
Juha Kautto wrote:

> > It's not a translation, but I'd like to transliterate timezone
> > strings, please take a look at my attached dummy C source, how
> > should I do to show them as transliterated strings in the
> > timezone selection? Actually it should be done in the
> > icaltimezone.c but libical itself isn't modified for the i18n
> > at all, can I localize strings in the xfical_get_timezones()
> > instead?
>
> Interesting idea. I do not want to touch libical. I'll check what
> can be done.
>
> Problem is that I need to keep ical API calls and file formats in
> english and it is mainly text instead of codes. So we should
> translate everything when it is visible...

Just a report, it has been working here (orage_translit_timezone.jpg),
although it's localized even in internally used string. I think
such a bi-directional strings (one for UI, the another for internal
use, simultaneously) would be one of the last TODOs in I18N (in case
Q_() doesn't work at all).

Anyway, if those timezone strings were marked N_() in advance by
using a previous attached dummy file, is it possible that variable
`l_tz' is distinguished to use i.e. function_name(_(l_tz)),
return(_(l_tz)) for the button label, function_name(l_tz), return(l_tz)
for the strings used in the ~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/orage.xml?

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt