[Xfce-i18n] I: new subdirectory in orage

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Apr 30 10:09:53 CEST 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:53:33 +0900
Daichi Kawahata wrote:

> It seems working, please apply this patch also.
> I'll report the problem later.

The problems:

On IRIX, there's no directory `zoneinfo', instead it
has `/usr/lib/locale/TZ' and has the files below

  [/usr/lib/locale/TZ ]$ ls
  africa  asia  australasia  backward  etcetera  europe  \
  factory  northamerica  pacificnew  solar87  solar88  \
  solar89  southamerica

it might be better to add '$prefix/share/orage/zoneinfo'
for the workaround or putting the value at `/etc/TIMEZONE'
by default.

Second problem is that, my locale is ja_JP.EUC, therefore
LC_TIME is stored at

  [/usr/lib/locale/ja_JP.EUC ]$ kcc -c LC_TIME
  LC_TIME:        EUC

as EUC-JP encoded file, in consequence, there're many

  (orageclock:5068611): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 \
    string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

at my xsession.log and I have to see bogus characters
in my panel (orage-eucjp.jpg).

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt