[Xfce-i18n] clarification needed in xfwm4

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Apr 22 13:13:17 CEST 2006

...Please hold the line, now Olivier calling...

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:15:13 +0300
Jari Rahkonen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's a new string in xfwm4 that's giving me trouble:
>
>  #: ../src/frame.c:206
>  #, c-format
>  msgid "%s (on %s)"
>
> Could you please add a comment to clarify this one for us translators?
> Judging by the source the latter %s is probably the name of the (client)
> workstation or somesuch, but I'd rather not guess. There's no sane way
> to translate the string into Finnish and several other languages unless
> this is known.

FYI, you (Olivier, Jari) can insert the comment for the translators
like below:

  From thunar/trunk/thunar-vfs/thunar-vfs-info.c:

  377  /* TRANSLATORS: `Exec' is a field name in a .desktop file. You should leave it as-is. */
  378  g_set_error (error, G_FILE_ERROR, G_FILE_ERROR_INVAL, _("No Exec field specified"));

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt