[Xfce-i18n] zh_TW translations for some Xfce-goodies

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Apr 9 16:11:40 CEST 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:49:02 -0300
Adriano Winter Bess <awbess at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 02:21:10PM +0200, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > Okay, I added a po/LINGUAS file just like Benny did for Thunar. This
> > way you only need to edit files in po/ and everything else should
> > just work. I found editing configure.in.in annoying myself, so this
> > looks like a fine solution for everyone.
>
> I was looking how you implemented this solution and I saw that
> autogen.sh seds the locales listed in po/LINGUAS into configure.in.
> My question is: why is a po/LINGUAS file necessary? Couldn't you just
> check which po files are present in the po directory and substitute
> this information in configure.in?

You mean like

  linguas=`ls po/ | grep '.po $' | sed 's/.po $//g'`
  sed -e "s/@LINGUAS@/${linguas}/g" < "configure.in.in" > "configure.in"

Sure, that would work. I could even use

  LINGUAS=`ls po/ | grep '.po $' | sed 's/.po $//g'`
  AC_SUBST([LINGUAS])
  XDT_I18N([@LINGUAS@])

in configure.in.in, I think. Not sure if that would work as I'm still
unexperienced with autoconf.

- Jannis