[Xfce-i18n] Translation files in Xffm (Was Re: [RFC] Translation guidance in Xfce)

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Oct 8 14:15:44 CEST 2005

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:06:34 +0800
Hydonsingore Cia wrote:

> > Yes, he wrote useful scripts for that purpose, but some
> > structure changes in current repository requires it updated
> > like I've attached.
>
> The scripts you attached do not checkout/update "xffm/trunk/po/*"
> but some subdirectories instead. Does it mean that xffm/trunk/po/*
> are no longer maintained?

I'm not certain, but as far as I know, Edscott separated the Xffm
into several portions (core library, plugins, applications depend
on core library). It means, of course, that you'll need to translate
them separately in the following places,

  o New Xffm layout

    libxffm/po
    xffm-gui/po

    plugins/xfapps/po
    plugins/xfbook/po
    plugins/xffstab/po
    plugins/xflocate/po
    plugins/xfrecent/po
    plugins/xfsamba/po
    plugins/xftrash/po

    fgr/po
    scramble/po
    xfdiff/po

But I've already migrated translations from single PO file, believe
there isn't any loss. Note that, as translators don't have access
permission to the directories, I can only commit them for the present.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt