[Xfce-i18n] Pootle

Dwayne Bailey dwayne at translate.org.za
Fri Jan 28 21:05:32 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 04:01 -0800, Kamber Dotan wrote:
> Hi there
> With all the Rosetta talks around I run into Pootle -
> a FOSS (unlike Rosetta) PO-based Online Translation /
> Localization Engine ( http://pootle.wordforge.org )
> which is part of
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/translate .
> They seem to have a section opened for Xfce 4.2 but
> its empty.
> >From my contact with the developer I understand he's
> using Xfce :) but does anyone else here has connection
> to this promissing looking project?

Yes I do...

It is indeed FOSS written in Python.  The latest sourcecode is here:
http://davidf.sjsoft.com/pootle/latest/

If you can code Python we'd love to have you on board.

The aim is that it will evolve beyond a PO translator into a translation
management tool.  I'm using it for Translate.org.za so the features
being added are ones that we need.  Goal setting, assigning translation,
delegating translation, etc

I'd love to see people doing XFCE l10n using it.  XFCE has a small
enough translator community that it might be a nice community to test
some of the new features as we develop them.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Attending AsiaSource in Bangalore, India... we'll be talking Pootle.wordforge.org during the event.