[Xfce-i18n] [RELEASE] RelNotes (Draft 3), last preliminary 4.2.0 tarballs

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jan 13 13:12:14 CET 2005

Hello world,

I've just put draft 3 of the release announcements online, which
incorporates all the latest suggestions and improvements. In addition, a
first german translation of the short announcement text is available
(Moritz and other germans, please review the text :-).

If nobody complains until tomorrow, these release texts will become the
final texts, and Francois can start to integrate them into the website.

With the last-time Solaris fix on xfce4-session (yeah, shame on me), I
expect the newly available tarballs to become the final tarballs for
4.2.0. I've done heavy testing on various systems and everything seems
to work pretty well (except for some odd gcc-2.95 compile problems,
which will have to wait for 4.2.1).

As usual, the stuff is available from

  http://www.xfce.org/~benny/releng.html

In addition, we've created experimental installers for 4.2.0 now, and
have successfully tested them on Solaris, BSD and some Linux distros. As
they contain some improvements (esp. in the area of "making things just
work") over the previous versions, I encourage all users to test them
during the next two days, and send us feedback (esp. problems you
discovered), so we can have perfect installers for sunday. ;-)

The experimental .bins are available from

  ftp://os-cillation.com/installers/experimental/

Please post your feedback to the forum at forum.os-cillation.com.

Thanks,
Benedikt