[Xfce-i18n] Planned fixes against the PO files

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Aug 9 18:28:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

As one who has access permission to the SVN repository, if you'll
post your PO files to this list instead of committing them by
yourself, I'll commit your files at 11:00-15:00 GMT (and within a
few days, maybe).

Also as I've noticed and pointed out sometimes, some PO files have
errors (hopefully) should be fixed. From now on, I'm going to fix
them as follows,

  * Removal executable attribute from el.po and zh_TW.po
  * Convert local charset to UTF-8 at 'Content-Type:'
  * Fix errors emitted by 'msgfmt --check'
  * Modify initial comment strings if they're kept default
    as-is
  * Report errors emitted by 'msgfmt --check-accelerators=_'
  * Removal obsolete translations (because, missing '\n'
    fools Brian's statistics and it hardly happens these
    translations will be available again)

If you (target PO file's translator) would like to fix them
without me, let me know, otherwise I'm going to fix them weekly.
Incidentally, the attached log contains errors in Xfce 4.2.2.

...One thing which can be a major impact on Xfce i18n might plural
issue (in other words, adopting ngettext() in the program). I'm not
sure it'll happen but if you'll find such problem on having
translation to your language (especially Slavic languages), feel
free to raise a question.

PS. I'm now rebuilding entire Xfce package from dev. repository, so
will start the above works from this weekend.

Daichi