[Xfce-i18n] translations for xfce 4.2.0

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Jun 25 20:01:56 CEST 2004

Nuno Donato wrote:
> First of all, hello everyone! :)
> Its great that we now have a mailing list just for translations.
>
> Before starting to translate things for the next major release of XFce,
> i would like to know when is the string freeze supposed to happen?

We don't know, actually. There's a little thread on xfce4-dev about it,
but I expect it to be august before we can have a proper string freeze.
Note that we don't actually have this fancy schedules that for instance
GNOME has, so our 'deadlines' are a bit less defined ;-)

> And after it does, couldnt the developers make the PO files available
> without all the xfce code? maybe in a bzipped file or something?

You can get them from CVS:

stable branch:

   $ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.xfce.org:/cvsroot/xfce -z3 \
       co -r xfce_4_0 translations