[Xfce-i18n] Brazilian portuguese translation

José de Paula espinafre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 04:51:20 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 02:43:58 +0000, Diogo Biazus <diogob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a big fan (and user, of course) of xfce4. So I would like to know
> if there's any work on a translation to brazilian portuguese. If not,
> how can I start such work?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --

A good start is:
http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=developers&lang=en
This will tell you how to download only the .po files, and point you
to the xfce translation statistics (here:
http://xfce.org/~kelnos/xfce4/i18n/). I believe a good starting point
is to use the statistics and see what is missing, and fill in the gaps
using other translations (pt_PT, es_*, fr_*, if you know those
languages) as a starting point. Being Brazilian, I'm willing to help
too, although I haven't commited anything yet.