[Xfce-foundation] Change in the articles of association

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Oct 28 19:22:56 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

the finance office demands a change in the articles of association. It
is about who receives the money in case the Xfce Foundation is shut
down. In the articles of association we decided to go with the FSF.

According to the finance office, this is a problem. My interpretation
of the cryptic letter I received is that, somehow, the FSF does not
fully comply with the requirements for that particular clause.

So, my proposal is to change this to FSF Europe, whose hub organization
is registered as an e.V. in Germany. That should work. Of course, in
the case of termination, only the Europe section of the FSF would
benefit from our financial leftovers.

Nick, Jérôme and I have the permission to change the articles of
association in the ways requested by the notary or finance office on
everyone's behalf, but still I'd like to ask here: would the FSF Europe
be ok with all of you? Or should we go with a different organization
instead that is registered as an e.V.?

  - Jannis