Info on plugin development

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Mar 30 17:48:54 CEST 2004

Hey Paulo,

Op di 30-03-2004, om 11:17 schreef Paulo Pinto:
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking to port the gnome control
> applet for changing keyboard layouts
> to the XFCE panel.

Excellent.

> I already downloaded and played around
> with the sample that is available from the
> xfce website.

Be aware that the sample plugin may not be entirely up-to-date. The
panel sources have a number of plugins that you could have a look at as
well, e.g. the clock.

> Should all plugins have an event box available
> to the panel? Or that is only for the gtk widgets
> that don't support events?

Your module must provide an attach_callback() virtual function for the
ControlClass structure and in this function you connect the given signal
and callback to the appropriate widget(s) of your plugin.

	Jasper