Debugging Text / Font Problem

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Jan 20 07:40:50 CET 2004

XFce uses gtk for all its text handling. There is no reason I can think
of that will make text not show up in xfce while other gtk programs work
fine.

It's not a problem with locale, it is a problem with text rendering. So,
as someone suggested, broken and/or multiple installs of pango or
freetype or fontconfig or something like that would be more likely.
However these should of course effect all gtk2 programs.

You could try choosing another theme or reinstalling gtk-xfce-engine-2.

	Jasper