XFCE package names in Gentoo

Benjamin Rich benxor at cracksmokingducks.com
Mon Jan 19 22:09:07 CET 2004

As a gentoo user, I think this would be a great idea. XFCE is getting
updated all the time, and I'd say few people on a bleeding-edge system
like gentoo would want the older version sufficiently to have the
package names separate. What happens when XFCE5 comes out? XFCE 3.18 is
so primitive that I think backwards compatibility will start to become a
non-issue - 'XFCE' should be the new name for the XFCE packages, and
3.18 vs 4 should be in the version numbering, not the package name.