xfce.org pages

Tommi Asiala tommi at asiala.info
Mon Oct 13 17:06:22 CEST 2003

As far as I know the pages are pure html. No php etc.  This leads to
that every page has it's own navigation items which imho is not good. If
I want to translate the navigation to language x then I would have to
copy&paste navigation items to every page. Same thing would have to be
done if a navigation item was added.

A work a round for this would be pretty simple:
<?php include("nav.inc") ?>
where nav.inc contains the navigation. This was to be added for every
where navigation was wanted. Very same could (and should) be done for
headers and footers leaving just the main content to specific page.

I'm not saying that many of you do not this, I'm just pointing this out.

And before somebody comes and says, we don't have time for such things,
why don't you do it and stop whining, yes. I just might do this if you
let me. Maybe other small adjustments could be done.

I think that the design pretty cool and I am in favour of keeping it if
somebody doesn't have any ideas.

Notice that this message is not about critizing anybody, just to make
things better.

--
Tommi Asiala