[XFCE 0000050]: xfdesktop crashes on load after first time a session was saved

xfce-bugs at xfce.org xfce-bugs at xfce.org
Sat Dec 27 20:03:48 CET 2003

The following bug has been CLOSED
http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000050
Reporter:                   conrausch
Handler:                    huysmans
Project:                    XFCE
Bug ID:                     0000050
Category:                   general
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2003-12-19 11:45 GMT
Last Modified:              2003-12-27 19:03 GMT
after having saved a session on logout, everytime i start xfce, xfdesktop
quitd with the following error message:
The program 'xfdesktop' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAtom (invalid Atom Parameter)'.
(Details: serial 228 error_code 5 request_code 20 minor_code 0)

if i delete my .xfce directory, it works again, until i save the session
on logout...
interesting: even after the error occured, i can start xfdesktop manually
and it behaves as expected.
does anybody have an idea about why this happens?

 huysmans - 2003-12-19 12:26 GMT
Yeah, there's a bug in the CVS HEAD version related to X root window
properties. Probably pointing to the wrong window id or something.

I need to find some time to look at it ...

 huysmans - 2003-12-23 13:02 GMT
It should be fixed in CVS now. Please reopen if it still gives the error.