[XFCE 0000048]: xfdesktop (CVS-HEAD)

xfce-bugs at xfce.org xfce-bugs at xfce.org
Tue Dec 23 14:51:31 CET 2003

The following bug has been CLOSED
http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000048
Reporter:                   edscott
Handler:                    huysmans
Project:                    XFCE
Bug ID:                     0000048
Category:                   other
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2003-12-17 14:35 GMT
Last Modified:              2003-12-23 13:51 GMT
If a list of images is defined, you get this warning:
(xfdesktop:15451): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf-io.c: line 729
(gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file): assertion `filename != NULL' failed

And corruption of the Xserver memory follows with crashes in unrelated
programs (like gkrellm with transparent theme).

If a single image is defined as background, it apparently works, but
Xserver memory corruption also ensues with crashes in programs like
gkrellm with transparent theme.

 huysmans - 2003-12-17 14:45 GMT
Yeah, the image setting code needs some love. I've experienced some
problems as well. Also related to setting and/or removing the root
properties (_XROOTPMAP_ID and _ESETROOT_PIXMAP_ID).

I'm sure it is my fault ;) Not sure of the solution yet. I believe it is
only in HEAD though.

 olivier - 2003-12-17 20:28 GMT
Don't get confused. It's not memory corruption at all. Simply the property
is set to a wrong pixmap id, so other apps which try to use the pixmap
crash.