[XFCE 0000036]: xfce4-panel causes computer lockup

xfce-bugs at xfce.org xfce-bugs at xfce.org
Mon Dec 8 19:35:59 CET 2003

A BUGNOTE has been added to this bug.
http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=36
Reporter:                   xantius
Handler:
Project:                    XFCE
Bug ID:                     0000036
Category:                   panel
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             2003-12-08 18:21 GMT
Last Modified:              2003-12-08 18:35 GMT
After running xfce4-panel for a little while (seems to vary), it begins to
eat up clock cycles until I have seen it consuming 98% of the CPU and then
today it finally caused my computer to crash.  I can't kill -9 the process
or find any way of ending it without rebooting the entire machine.  This
happens nearly every time I'm in xfce for longer than a few minutes.

 olivier - 2003-12-08 18:31 GMT
Suprising, it's prolly an issue with one of the plugins you use. Try
removing each plugin one by one until you find the one which is guilty.

PS: Please mention what version of xfce you are running, what platform,
including OS and HW, etc. plus what config you have what plugins and so
on. Such a bug report is fairly useless otherwise.

Cheers,
Olivier.

 olivier - 2003-12-08 18:35 GMT