[XFCE 0000034]: Kstart sometimes puts windows on more than one desktop.

xfce-bugs at xfce.org xfce-bugs at xfce.org
Mon Dec 8 02:22:11 CET 2003

The following NEW bug has been ADDED.
http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=34
Reporter:                   botsie
Handler:
Project:                    XFCE
Bug ID:                     0000034
Category:                   xfwm
Reproducibility:            random
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2003-12-08 01:22 GMT
Last Modified:              2003-12-08 01:22 GMT
I use kstart to start and place my initial windows. Occasionally, the
window is placed on the active desktop in addition to the desktop set by
kstart.

Example:
use kstart to start sylpheed and place it on desktop 4. Desktop 1 is the
active desktop. The sylpheed window can be seen and interacted with on
desktop 1 and desktop 4 as well.

The workaround is to pin the window. And then unpin it on the desired
desktop.