[XFCE 0000031]: After remote X login with different screensize correct panel location isn't detected.

xfce-bugs at xfce.org xfce-bugs at xfce.org
Sat Dec 6 11:26:18 CET 2003

The following NEW bug has been ADDED.
http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=31
Reporter:                   daniel ciaglia
Handler:
Project:                    XFCE
Bug ID:                     0000031
Category:                   panel
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2003-12-06 10:26 GMT
Last Modified:              2003-12-06 10:26 GMT
OK, actually c&p from my eMail to the dev-list
(Msg-ID:<20031206102733.35c6e23d.daniel at ciaglia.de>):

Logging in with remote X (X -query orwell) into my default desktop with
an
different display size (800x600 vs. 1280x1024), doing some work, shutting
down the laptop and using the workstation as usual the next day gives me
this position of the panel:
  http://www.ciaglia.de/tmp/desktop.jpg

When working remote, the panel sets itself to the lower border of the
screen, but not centered. Back to normal, it's a little bit lazy and
stays
at its position in the center of the screen.

Well, I haven't looked at the code but wouldn't it be the cleaner
solution
to use the set preferences (center at the bottom) at every startup then
waitinig for the final *click* in the settings menu?