[XFCE 0000023]: Kuickshow displays the title bar even when in full-screen mode.

xfce-bugs at xfce.org xfce-bugs at xfce.org
Wed Dec 3 16:03:01 CET 2003

The following bug has been CLOSED
http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000023
Reporter:                   dugan
Handler:                    olivier
Project:                    XFCE
Bug ID:                     0000023
Category:                   xfwm
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2003-11-24 18:47 GMT
Last Modified:              2003-12-03 15:03 GMT
When you load an image into Kuickshow, you can press <RETURN> to get a
full-screen view. This full-screen view is just that; the image filling
the whole screen, with no title bar or window decorations. Or at least
that's the way it's designed. However, when I do this in XFCE 4.0.1, I see
a title bar even when Kuickshow is displaying the image full-screen. I'm
not supposed to see a title bar when Kuickshow is displaying an image
full-screen! I emailed Carsten Pffeiffer (the developer of Kuickshow)
about this, and Pffeiffer says that the fault lies with the window
manager.

 olivier - 2003-11-24 20:15 GMT
Sorry I reject this bug. Kuickshow is not EWMH compatible (at least
kuickshow version 0.9.2, the one I have)

an xprop shows the following atoms defined:

_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _KDE_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERRIDE,
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NOR MAL

"_KDE_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERRIDE" is *not* EWMH standard, while
_NET_WM_STATE (the standard) is empty.

The fault is on kuickshow not being EWMH compliant.

Olivier.