Java 1.4 apps on XFCE 3.8.16 problem

Rafal M. Sulejman rafal at engelsinfo.de
Tue May 14 12:38:20 CEST 2002

Hi,

It looks like problem with Java 1.4 (JDK 1.3.x displays everything
correctly) , but I'm searching for workaround...

After starting java app under XFCE it's window is incorrectly
positioned -- title bar is over the upper border of the screen...
(looks like java don't know where 0,0 is... :((( )

{ this example needs monospaced font... sorry for inconvenience }

that's how it's supposed to work...
+----------------------------- <-screen border
| [title bar===========================]
| |                                    |
| |          Window                    |
| |                                    |
| +------------------------------------+

that's how it works actually...
  [title bar==========================]
+--------------------------- <screen border
| |                                    |
| |          Window                    |

well... I can place each application window explicitly at 0,0 (or
sth) using configuration files and *window_name* 'selector', but as a
long time XFCE user I'm not used to do such repetitive, brain-dead
techniques ;)

Greetings,
--
 # . . . | Rafal M. Sulejman                        /"\
 . # . . | <rms at poczta.onet.pl>                  \ /