Anybody interested in joining xfwm 4 devel ?

Guido Draheim guidod-2002- at gmx.de
Fri Mar 22 14:11:10 CET 2002

Es schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:

> At 12:49 PM 3/22/02, you wrote:
>
> >I wasn't aware of xsettings so far (even that I knew many ways to do it),
> >and IYAM an attempt for desktop standard sounds to be the Right Way.
> >Here's the link: http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/xsettings.html
>
> GTK2 uses it I think (or can use it at least, I haven't really looked into
> it much).

hmmm, there isn't much to be read about that on the net, but it
seems there is gtksetting and GdkEventSetting. The gtksetting has
an entry to parse gdkeventsettings, so the glue to hook into that
event loop should be very small. And there is a message that says
that gtkrc parsing should be made indirectly, so it emits gdksettings
that are handled in gtk. Nothing specific however, could still be just
rumour.

"if you asked me" ( http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=IYAM )