Anybody interested in joining xfwm 4 devel ?

Guido Draheim guidod-2002- at gmx.de
Thu Mar 21 20:05:06 CET 2002

Es schrieb Olivier Fourdan:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, the title says it all... Let me know.

sure, however I'm pretty busy with other stuff.
what would be your plans about xfwm? There are
multiple directions one could go, and neither
is easy nor necessary. Some ideas have already
been declared here - one that I would specifically
ask for is to take over some rox routines into a
common lib-part that can handle xml gui elements
and their xml config data, and adapt all programs
to simply stand on it. Well, the config part is
the one half of xfwm that does not necessarily
have much to do with a "wm" functionality, and
cleaning up the interactions between the xfce
panel and xfwm is not amongst the easiest to
decide upon. The other part might be about
the graphics and theming engines and let
them use gtk, that's what you would like to
work upon, Olivier, right?
(and you sure know that I back up Jasper, and
I wouldn't mind turning the back on the fvwm
comm protocol to handle the desktop modules).

cheers,
-- guido                                    http://freespace.sf.net/guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)