installing xfce by non root

Stephane Paltani spaltani at head-cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 14 23:17:42 CET 2002

Hi,

Never had any problem with non-root installation (which I do ~ every other
xfce release). For etc files, I just have to add a switch to configure script:

--sysconfdir=/export/spaltani/local/etc

(I also have --datadir=/export/spaltani/local/share for xfce data).
Other than that, I do not need to change anything.

The error message you get seems indeed related to the removal of xfce_themes,
which is not necessary with the --sysconfdir switch.

Stephane