feature request for xfwm

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Tue Mar 5 14:31:50 CET 2002

On Tue 05 Mar 2002 03:22, you wrote:
> Edscott,
>
> The icon name is provided by the application. Using it as argv[1] when
> restoring the application really sounds like a hack to me... ;-)

Yes, it does sound like a hack now that you mention it. But how about a
special variable for the task?

Giving a "xprop" to a kmail window I see a variable WM_COMMAND(STRING) = {
"kmail" }. Maybe a variable of this kind can be defined for xftree, and have
xfwm use it to open each particular xftree window in the last expanded
directory?

saludos

Edscott