CVS xftree crashing...

Stephane Paltani spaltani at head-cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 18 18:45:03 CEST 2002

Hi there,

Am I the only one unable to run the current CVS
(downloaded yesterday) xftree?
It creates the window and sigsev immediately after.

In xtree_gui.c, I find:

 newtop(
  win->iconname = NULL;
  set_icon (win->top,win->iconname, xftree_icon_xpm);

in libs/xfce-commonc.c :

 set_icon (
  gdk_window_set_icon_name (toplevel->window, name);

This gdk function does not really like having its name parameter
being NULL (it comes from "win->iconname = NULL;"). It ends up
with a segmentation violation.

There is a bunch of commented lines before "win->iconname = NULL;".
Putting them back and commenting out "win->iconname = NULL;" does
produce a much better result, even if it not the intended one.

I guess xftree should fail for everybody, so why am I the only one
to complain ? ;-)

Cheers,
Stephane