what's news on xfsamba

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Fri Jun 7 05:23:32 CEST 2002

This is just to let you know that work on xfsamba is moving at a steady
pace. Each day I break it a little further. I just added a new project
at sourceforge called "DBH - Disk Based HashTables". It's a dynamic
library that xfsamba is going to be using for its cache, since the one
it had --eventhough it works ok-- seems to be held together with pins.
The current cache is terribly bug sensitive since separate linked lists
access overlapping memory areas, which makes the gtk2 porting quite
difficult. OTH, the new cache tecnology will allow for saving between
sessions, so that it won't depend so much on the SMB "master browser"
scheme, and in general be a better and faster application.

Edscott