on xftree

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu Aug 29 04:18:29 CEST 2002

I still haven't been able to find out why xftree hangs when a copy
operation fails in FreeBSD. It seems that stopping the flow of a pipe
has more adverse affect than in Linux, maybe. Gdb tells me the program
is at a pipe "read()", which it shouldn't since the flow has stopped.

Anyways, while looking I eliminated a different, but weird, bug. Remote
instances of xftree would think some xtree.reg entries were stale. To
avoid it, stale entries will now only be cleaned when DISPLAY is :0.0

I think I should also put in a small option to eliminate the fancy icons
and fall back to the basic xftree icons. This could be a workaround for
that inability surfaces here-and-there for the Xserver to deal with the
pixmaps.

Edscott