ANNOUNCE: xfce4-dev-tools 4.17.0 released
skunnyk at xfce.org
Sun Jul 25 18:34:07 CEST 2021
xfce4-dev-tools 4.17.0 is now available for download from
What is xfce4-dev-tools?
The Xfce Development Tools are a set of scripts and m4/autoconf macros
that ease build system maintenance.
Release notes for 4.17.0
[Please note that this is a development release.]
This is the first development release of xfce-dev-tools 4.17.
To all developers and contributors, please update :)
- Reduce the number of warnings at "./autogen.sh" stage.
- Simplify the "xdt-autogen" workflow by only calling "autoreconf"
- autoconf 2.69+ is now needed (released almost 10 years ago)
- Compilations warnings are now always enabled, whatever the
"--enable-debug" mode used. This will help us catch compilers warnings.
- Also, this version get rid of really old m4 macros/usages, like
AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT or glib-gettextize.
- Try to build higher version available tag
- xfce-do-release: A review of confirmation prompts
- helpers: Improve script portability
- Improve Xfce Developer Center (developer.xfce.org)
- xdt-features.m4: Always enable compilation warnings
- g_locale_to_utf8 is misspelled as g_local_to_utf8
- xfce-build: Always pick the latest stable release
- Create the m4/ if it does not exists
- Use autoreconf to bootstrap xfce4-dev-tools itself
- Use autoreconf to bootstrap autotools
- xfce-do-release: Check for `docker` installed
- Add dependencies to build thunarx-python CI
- Fix location of apidocs
- xfce-build: Fix conditional in gitlabci
- Export apidocs as GitLab artifacts
- Get rid of glib-gettextize usage and XGETTEXT_ARGS custom args
- Remove obsolete AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
- helpers: Fix command-line if git-config core.editor is unset
- Update obsolete m4 macros
- helpers: Add 'xfce-build describe' command
More information about the Xfce-announce