ANNOUNCE: thunar 4.17.0 released
alexxcons at xfce.org
Sat Jan 23 00:27:21 CET 2021
thunar 4.17.0 is now available for download from
What is thunar?
Thunar is a modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. It has
been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its user
interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any confusing or
useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good start up time
and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using Assistive
Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 4.17.0
I am pleased to provide you this thunar development release, adding
plenty of new features.
Split view, file creation time, uca submenus, unified sort menu .. just
to mention some eye-catchers.
As well some bugfixes and many translation updates are included.
Thanks alot to all contributors !
Here the complete changelog:
- By default show all available volumes (#384)
- Add "created" column to list view (#478)
- Add suffix '- Thunar' to the title bar (Issue #482)
- Dont select previous file after delete/trash (Issue #477)
- Increase min. size of "text" field in bulk renamer (Issue #474)
- Add option to forget application association (Issue #197)
- Regression: "Open with other application" missing (Issue #470)
- New feature: Split View (Issue #445)
- Revert "Fix popup menus size (Bug #15832)"
- Always create new files and folders in current directory (Issue #462)
- Improve file operations progress dialog (Issue #365)
- Prevent crash on Ctrl+H when there is no sidepane (Issue #453)
- Roleback to previous spinner handling (Issue #448)
- Add option to unselect all files (Issue #424)
- Unset tree view cursor if toplevel path is unknown (Issue #351)
- Remove GSourceFunc casts
- Add submenus for custom actions (Issue #184)
- REFACTOR: always queue_popup in details view on right click (#421)
- merged master from upstream
- Dont use ThunarFiles when they are already destoyed
- Use single main menu category in .desktop files (Issue #40)
- Add toggle in preferences to allow running shell scripts (Issue #224)
- Add action to toggle sort direction (#130)
- Use sort menu as well for detailed view (#139)
- Add support to created date in file properties
- Translation Updates:
Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Armenian (Armenia), Asturian, Basque,
Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong),
Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Eastern Armenian, English
(Australia), English (United Kingdom), Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish,
French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic,
Indonesian, Interlingue, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian,
Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan (post 1500),
Panjabi (Punjabi), Persian (Iran), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese
(Brazil), Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai,
Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Urdu (Pakistan), Uyghur, Vietnamese
More information about the Xfce-announce