ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 1.4.4 released
simon at xfce.org
Sun Mar 22 12:40:31 CET 2015
xfce4-power-manager 1.4.4 is now available for download from
What is xfce4-power-manager?
This software is a power manager for the Xfce desktop, Xfce power
manager manages the power sources on the computer and the devices that
can be controlled to reduce their power consumption (such as LCD
brightness level, monitor sleep). In addition, xfce4-power-manager
provides a set of freedesktop-compliant DBus interfaces to inform other
applications about current power level so that they can adjust their
power consumption, and it provides the inhibit interface which allows
applications to prevent automatic sleep actions via the power manager;
as an example, the operating system’s package manager should make use
of this interface while it is performing update operations.
Release notes for 1.4.4
New stable release of xfce4-power-manager.
* Re-introduce the trayicon for better support of other DEs (Bug #11054)
* Miscellaneous bug fixes:
- Fix dbus call for CK2 suspend (Bug #11610)
- Function check_for_consolekit2 is not used if !UP_CHECK_VERSION(0, 99, 0) (Bug #11657)
- Fix xfpm panel plugin crashes at startup when the locale is not UTF8
- The scalemenuitem is actually an imagemenuitem
* Translation updates:
Bulgarian (bg), Chinese (China) (zh_CN), Croatian (hr),
Czech (cs), Dutch (nl), French (fr), German (de),
Italian (it), Korean (ko), Malay (ms), Russian (ru),
Spanish (es), Serbian (sr), Thai (th).
More information about the Xfce-announce