ANNOUNCE: tumbler 0.1.28 released
nick at xfce.org
Sun May 5 16:49:22 CEST 2013
tumbler 0.1.28 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 530b4fa58794841055be955e294cac24161cf8a0
MD5 checksum: a1dd00a2963f851f3991714bc357cb70
What is tumbler?
Tumbler is a D-Bus service for applications to request thumbnails for
various URI schemes and MIME types. It is an implementation of the
thumbnail management D-Bus specification described on
written in an object-oriented fashion using GLib and GObject. Its
modular architecture makes it very flexible and useful in many
situations. It provides plugin interfaces for extending the URI schemes
and MIME types for which thumbnails can be generated as well as
for replacing the storage backend that is used to store the thumbnails
on disk. Tumbler's functionality can also be extended via specialized
thumbnailer services implemented in accordance to the thumbnail
management D-Bus specification.
Tumbler is used in Thunar, Xfce and MeeGo.
Release notes for 0.1.28
- Set nice value of tumblerd to 19 (bug #9627).
- Fix rendering from pdfs with thumbnail (bug #9972).
- Add more supported types for gst thumbnailer (bug #9747).
- Some additional debug checks for bug #9766 and minor optimizations.
- Fix deprecating warning with glib 2.36.
- Include string.h (bug #9858).
- Translation updates: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Spanish (Castilian),
Basque, French, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh,
Korean, Dutch (Flemish), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian),
Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Uyghur, Ukrainian, Chinese
(China), Chinese (Taiwan).
More information about the Xfce-announce