ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.2 released
h.judt at gmx.at
Wed Sep 12 11:28:32 CEST 2012
xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.2 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 3946772c98740c5f2bd3a48faedcf807953a28f4
MD5 checksum: 278654f792de1800b77cbcb9bdd8ed3c
What is xfce4-weather-plugin?
A weather plugin for the Xfce desktop environment
Release notes for 0.8.2
- Lots of translations updates.
- Update liquid icon set to be complete (bug #9242).
- Improve sleet icons (bug #9233).
- Improve rain icons for darker panels (bug #9233).
- Correct symbol descriptions and add comments with explanations.
- Correct and improve liquid icons (bug #9228).
- Updated README with documentation from Xfce Goodies homepage.
- Add debugging code and instructions on how to debug in README.
- Add section about theming and icon sets in README.
- Remove code for now unsupported GTK/GLIB versions.
- Bump minimum requirements to match Xfce-4.8 (yes, they were needed
before) and drop some legacy code.
- Fix ugly GDK_WINDOW assertion when opening the summary window.
- Clear scrollbox labels before updating conditions (bug #9210).
- Correct "Astrological data" to "Astronomical data" (bug #9190).
- Variable name fix for Solaris (bug #9185).
- Fix crash in summary window when something weird happens (bug #9182).
- Some more code refactoring, clean up and minor fixes.
Many thanks to the translators for their contributions, to Guido
Berhoerster for help with debugging, to Seong-ho Cho and Simon
Steinbeiß for their improvements of the liquid icon theme, and to all
other people reporting bugs and thus helping to improve the plugin.
If you have ideas for improving the plugin or find problems with it,
please read the TODO first and watch out for known bugs on
https://bugzilla.xfce.org, and if you encounter a new problem please
post it to the bug tracker or write to the mailing list.
Planned for the next version are:
- improvement of the configuration dialog
- allow specifying altitude (msl) of a location manually
(it does not seem right for some special locations)
- allow specifying latitude and longitude of a location manually
- proper icon theming support
- themes selectable from configuration dialog
- support themes in user home directory
- option to hide the scrollbox
- option to set custom text color for the scrollbox
More information about the Xfce-announce