ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.1 released
nick at xfce.org
Wed Oct 31 20:32:08 CET 2012
thunar 1.5.1 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: b4e14cbefe8ee40a11ff43dcf52138f4ce9057c0
MD5 checksum: 9343dd53c392a5dd835d75a48d080863
What is thunar?
Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment.
It has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 1.5.1
[Please note that this is a development release.]
Interesting release for a lot of users since this releases introduces
the much-requested tabs in Thunar. Furthermore the new side pane has
some important bugs fixed, the tool bar had a cleanup and is much more
compact now and there is a permanent delete option. There are also
various speed optimizations in thumbnail/icon handling and a number of
Have fun testing.
- Show custom commands again in the menus (bug #9169).
- Drop usage of glib 2.32 functions.
- Allow resizing of chooser dialog.
- Don't abort on non-utf8 charaters in path entry.
- Don't show drive icon for remote mounts in history.
- Release all ThunarFiles when closing a view, this should resolve
mounts that were empty after unmounting.
- Show tooltip uri/filename in history menu item.
- End with a / in the path entry.
- Add function to generate nice remote display names.
- Easy adding bookmarks for remote mounts.
- Do not call eject in thunar_device_volume_mount_finished.
- Reduce tumbler traffic on startup of Thunar.
- Use drive_stop in device handling.
- Put reload button in location entry.
- Create pull-down history buttons and remove arrows.
- Shortcut pane: Do not mount after eject (bug #9403).
- Use go-home icon name for menu and toolbar.
- Drop the separators in the toolbar.
- Extend history tooltips to describe functionality of the button.
- Avoid segfault with null mime-type (bug #8390).
- Implement tabs in Thunar (bug #6102).
- Do not try to mount a device twice in treeview (bug #9412).
- Keep delaying selecing files if not loaded yet (bug #7328).
- Slightly toned thumbnail frame.
- Make loading priority in shortcuts model higher.
- Collect properties at once in window_init.
- Use infobar for root warning in window.
- Option to set small toolbar icons (bug #3971).
- Avoid crash when toplevel window cannot be found (bug #9417).
- Revert "Remove XdndDirectSave0 protocol." (bug #9414).
- Rename filename of insecure desktop files (bug #8786).
- Cache pixmaps on the ThunarFile and drop ring buffer.
- Add lazy checks to thumbnailer.
- Add menu item for permanent delete.
- Only show "Move to Trash" if trash is supported.
More information about the Xfce-announce