ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.3 released
nick at xfce.org
Sat Nov 24 22:07:00 CET 2012
thunar 1.5.3 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 72fa82c79532ddf6b5381b86fc94cae0d92e316b
MD5 checksum: 24efb613b0267a7126c51efd6f4f0dbd
What is thunar?
Thunar is a modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. It
has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 1.5.3
[Please note that this is a development release.]
Couple of fixes that should improve the performance of Thunar in
directories with a lot of files and scrolling with key navigation. Also
the much-requested bug #3386 has been fixed.
- Re-add the has-handler check when inserting rows.
- Use g_object_notify_by_pspec in most places.
- Install GParamSpec properties at once in a couple of objects.
- Update the statusbar in a short timeout.
- Remove image resolution from statusbar.
- Fix supported applications for multiple files.
- Idle updating the launcher.
- Don't queue tumbler requests for non-regular files.
- Pass the correct emblem size to the icon factory.
- Store cairo surfaces on pixbufs.
- Right-click on not-selected row will show menu of current folder
in details view (bug #3386).
- Load content types on-demand and preload in an idle.
- Use origional date in properties page for images.
- Add option to only show local thumbnails.
- Translation updates: Arabic, Czech, German, Italian, Kazakh,
Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese (China),
More information about the Xfce-announce