ANNOUNCE: xfwm4 4.9.0 released
nick at xfce.org
Fri Mar 30 20:45:46 CEST 2012
xfwm4 4.9.0 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 21a6f9a5f34cf0d1c5a42d5cd3415dcfb916bb12
MD5 checksum: ae1963751b0976cc14b1ac3f6928a5fd
What is xfwm4?
Xfce's window manager.
Release notes for 4.9.0
[Please note that this is a development release.]
- Add tiling feature (bug #6648).
- Navigate with arrows in task switcher (bug #4752).
- Show dialogs in settings category.
- Do not cancel pending focus transition and use actual meaningful
timestamp to avoid setting focus on wrong window in focus follow
mouse (Bug #8323).
- Remove docbook documentation.
- Remove older themes from main package (moved to xfwm4-themes now).
- Add patch for themeable tab-window (bug #8238).
- Use themeable icons for the settings manager and the menu, rework
the default icons for the settings manager and the window menu and
add SVG version.
- Reintroduce the double-click timeout.
- Drop AC_PROG_LIBTOOL in favor of LT_PREREQ and LT_INIT.
- Simply double click detection logic.
- Add special icons for the button layout in settings.
- Remove some XFlush() calls.
- Upon restart, restore the previous selected workspace.
- Improve horizontal/vertical maximization toggle so that de-maximizing
in either direction while fully maximized gives the expected
- Change the default theme to differentiate from 4.8.
- Update mouse cursor theme and size dynamically (bug #6854).
- Optimize transients for group evaluation while withdrawing windows.
- Increase timeout for other WM to exit with "--replace",
- Rework focus and fullscreen windows to make xfwm4 simpler and
- Get rid or of old GNOME 1.x protocol.
- Get rif of legacy fullscreen emulation.
- Translation updates: Amharic, Arabic, Asturian, Azerbaijani,
Belarusian, Bulgarian, Bengali, Bengali (India), Catalan (Valencian),
Czech, Danish, German, Dzongkha, Greek, English (United Kingdom),
Esperanto, Spanish (Castilian), Estonian, Basque, Persian, Finnish,
French, Galician, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian,
Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Kazakh, Korean,
Lithuanian, Latvian, Macedonian, Marathi, Malay, Norwegian Bokmal,
Dutch (Flemish), Norwegian Nynorsk, Panjabi (Punjabi), Polish,
Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Sinhala,
Slovak, Albanian, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Turkish, Uyghur, Ukrainian,
Urdu, Urdu (Pakistan), Vietnamese, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan).
More information about the Xfce-announce