ANNOUNCE: ristretto 0.3.5 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sat Mar 3 12:39:13 CET 2012

ristretto 0.3.5 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.3/ristretto-0.3.5.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.3/ristretto-0.3.5.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.3/ristretto-0.3.5.tar.bz2.sha1

  SHA1 checksum: b328df3bc8093d2ba8364140d49f423534908daf
   MD5 checksum: 3bfdf129926236a45c58d7afdbb703b7

What is ristretto?
==================

Ristretto is an image-viewer for the xfce desktop environment.

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/ristretto

Release notes for 0.3.5
=======================
I am pleased to announce version 0.3.5 of Ristretto.

I am happy to report that this is the best translated version of
Ristretto ever. Thanks to all the volunteers writing translations for
Ristretto. It has never been translated in this many languages before.
Thank you guys!

Besides several translation-updates, the following bugs are fixed.

0.3.5
=====
- Fix bug #8343 (Do not use symbols from gtk+ > 2.20)
- Fix bug #8512 (Report image-loading errors back to the user.)
- Fix bug #8513 (ristretto.desktop mime-types list is incomplete)

(I know... #8343 is in the changelogs for ages now... it should really
be gone this time)

Fixing Bug #8512 is especially useful for distributions, since it allows
users to debug their problem on their own. Most problems with ristretto
are actually caused by incorrect mime-type recognition of the
operating-system, identifying raw files (like canon's CR2 format) as
TIFF files. This will result in an error from the tiff loader, these
errors are now displayed in the UI, making it possible to identify the
source of the problem.

I hope you have fun with this release.

Regards,

Stephan