ANNOUNCE: ristretto 0.3.4 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sat Jan 28 07:48:17 CET 2012

ristretto 0.3.4 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.3/ristretto-0.3.4.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.3/ristretto-0.3.4.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.3/ristretto-0.3.4.tar.bz2.sha1

  SHA1 checksum: 7da6c287c45949193fd6046e82a099fd0469278c
   MD5 checksum: 86c042ee4ffefb0ff5e806849ec4d33c

What is ristretto?
==================

Ristretto is an image-viewer for the xfce desktop environment.

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/ristretto

Release notes for 0.3.4
=======================
Ok... because I forgot to run 'make' with full debugging, I missed a
return-value error with 0.3.3.

So... I tagged a new version, 0.3.4 with this fixed.

For completeness, here are the changes since Ristretto 0.3.2:

0.3.4
=====
- Fix compiler-warning due to missing return-statement

0.3.3
=====
- Fix bug #8343 (Do not use symbols from gtk+ > 2.20)
- Autogenerate Changelog on make dist
- Update scale information when box-zoom is used.
- Fix bug #8317 (Blurred full-screen image) - round offset to nearest
  pixel.
- Fix --fullscreen and --slideshow CLI options.

Especially bug 8317 is nice to have fixed, it improves the way images
with an uneven number of pixel-rows/columns are rendered.

I have cherry-picked some translations from master. I'd like to point
out to translators that they best focus on the ristretto-0.3 branch if
their translation is not complete there yet, since this is the stable
branch. I won't be able to cherry-pick from master again after the
strings have changed.

Kind regards,

Stephan