ANNOUNCE: tumbler 0.1.23 released
nick at xfce.org
Sun Dec 4 13:41:55 CET 2011
tumbler 0.1.23 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: c7b149c117cd1d9c5d0e85550216ff22daee6120
MD5 checksum: c6cf6821f5d884cbf2c26f45f2fecc74
What is tumbler?
Tumbler is a D-Bus service for applications to request thumbnails for
various URI schemes and MIME types. It is an implementation of the
thumbnail management D-Bus specification described on
written in an object-oriented fashion using GLib and GObject. Its
modular architecture makes it very flexible and useful in many
situations. It provides plugin interfaces for extending the URI schemes
and MIME types for which thumbnails can be generated as well as
for replacing the storage backend that is used to store the thumbnails
on disk. Tumbler's functionality can also be extended via specialized
thumbnailer services implemented in accordance to the thumbnail
management D-Bus specification.
Tumbler is used in Thunar, Xfce and MeeGo.
Release notes for 0.1.23
- Fix generation of video images by starting the pipeline (bug #7996).
- Fix ownership race conditions when started twice (bug #8001).
- Add an ODF thumbnailer plugin.
- Add support for OpenRaster images in the ODF thumbnailer (bug #6108).
- Add a raw image thumbnailer plugin.
- Drop AC_PROG_LIBTOOL in favor of LT_PREREQ and LT_INIT.
- Don't crash on 0x0 errors (bug #8142).
- Exit the xdg thumbnailer nicely with corrupt png files.
- Avoid huge thumbnails from libjpeg (bug #8020).
- Optimize the pixbuf thumbnailer.
- Translation updates: Icelandic, Turkish, Malay, Hungarian, Korean,
Chinese (Taiwan), Arabic, Danish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Russian,
Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Basque, Hungarian,
Dutch (Flemish), Chinese (China), French.
More information about the Xfce-announce