Xfce 4.6 BETA1 ('Fuzzy') Released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Wed Oct 15 11:09:21 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

We are one month since the release of Xfce 4.6 ALPHA. And now it's time to
release the first BETA, codename 'Fuzzy'.

A *lot* of bugs have been fixed in this release, a few highlights:
  - Xfwm4 can now detect if a program is unresponsive. It will show a
dialog to let the user kill it.
  - Xfce4-session will start up significantly faster by using parallel startup..
  - It is possible to configure the keyboard-layout
  - Toggling event-sounds with libcanberra + gtk 2.14 is now possible
(meaning: you can turn them off).

And lets not forget the translations, thanks to them Xfce 4.6.0 will
be available to a lot of people in their native language.

A complete list of changes can be found at this location[0].

Ofcourse, this is still a beta. This means that not everything is
working perfectly now.
A list of known issues can be found here[1]

Getting excited? You can download Xfce 4.6 BETA-1 from here[2].

We hope you have a lot of fun trying out this new Xfce.
If you find any issues, don't hesitate to check out bugzilla
and look for the bug, or submit a new report if your issues are not
already mentioned.

Kind regards,
The Xfce development team

[0]: http://www.xfce.org/documentation/changelogs/4.5.91