Xfce 4.6 Beta 2 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sat Nov 15 09:21:25 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

The second Beta was delayed for 2 weeks, but it was worth it.
Every feature we made a freeze-exception for has made it into this release.
This means a lot of bugs have been fixed this time aswell:

- The keyboard-shortcuts for xfwm4 can be configured again. (now with
conflict handling)
- Session-management has been improved, apps will now be automatically
restarted if they die unexpected.
- It is now possible to set the desktop wallpaper from the thunar
right-click menu.

This are just a few changes everybody is likely to notice, a complete
list of changes can be found at this location[0].

The translators have done a great job on translating Xfce in their
native language.
We will probably see Xfce 4.6 be translated in more languages then
ever before thanks to their hard work.

Getting excited? You can download Xfce 4.6 BETA-2 from here[1].

We hope you have a lot of fun trying out this new Xfce.
If you find any issues, don't hesitate to check out our bug-tracking
system[2] and look for the bug, or submit a new report if your issues
are not already mentioned.

Kind regards,
 - The Xfce development team

[0] http://www.xfce.org/documentation/changelogs/4.5.92