fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Apr 15 21:41:14 CEST 2004
The Xfce Team is pleased to announce the release 4.0.5 of the Xfce 4 Desktop
Environment and Development Platform.
As usual, this is a maintenance release, aimed at bug-fixing; no new features
are being added to the 4.0 branch.
The main purpose of this release is compatibility with the recent GTK+ 2.4.x
release along with other fixes.
Xfce 4.0.5 is available in source and binary packages from SourceForge web site
at the following address:
Fixes in this release include:
- fix bug of dnd not working with ctrl or shift key press
- Changes in focus management routines
- Fix key w/out modifier requiring "+"
bug fix (#145)
- Do not decorate shaped windows
bug fix (#165)
- windows loosing focus when maximized
bug fix (#138)
- xfwm4 sometimes entering infinite loop when switching workspaces using mouse
wheel w/out running xfdesktop.
- workspace plugin failed to set a value for the number of workspaces
if it can't load its config file
- change the active workspace before raising a window located on a
workspace other than the currently active one
- Fix DND for launchers with 'Run in terminal' checked.
- Backport exec fix from 4.1.x
- Various backports from HEAD.
- Use a ".desktop" file to add an entry for Xfce in gdm/kdm
- Add G_LOG_DOMAIN, so one can easily determine the source of errors/warnings.
- Fix issues with gtk+-2.4.x
- Updates and fixes for the SUN Forte compiler
- Replaced reader/writer locking with atomic saving of channel data. Fixes
FreeBSD NFS problems.
- Update to latest dbh version.
- Fix compilation warnings in xfwm4
- Added/updated translations for Arabic, Italian, Bulgarian and Chinese
- Xfce Team - http://www.xfce.org -
More information about the Xfce-announce