[Xfce-advocacy] Re: Reminder: Beta 2 this WE

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 29 10:29:40 CEST 2004

Auke Kok wrote:

> Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>> Randy Chung wrote:
>>
>>> If everybody could get me their changelogs or NEWS updates then I
>>> could compile something together in the next day or two.
>>
>> I attached a new version of the release notes document. I added the
>> installer and fixed a few sentences.
>>
>> Since we'll release around saturday evening (european time), we
>> should finish the document in the next 24 hours.
>>
> wait you guys are releasing 4.2beta2 right? the announcement is for
> -final !

yeah, i'm not convinced that formal release notes are necessary for
betas.  i think the main audience for these betas are people on this
list, and i think they have a reasonable idea of what to expect.  the
main thing we should release with the betas is a *short* document with
known issues/gotchas, any odd installation instructions/requirements,
and a pointer to http://bugs.xfce.org/ as a "how to report problems" note.

on an ironic side, i don't have oo.org installed, so i can't read the
release notes documents.  remote X to my desktop machine hasn't been
working properly lately... oh well...

    -brian