xfce and orca

deedra waters deedra at the-brannons.com
Wed May 10 21:18:27 CEST 2017

so i've seen very old posts on google and  some posts from 2015. I'm
curious as to what the state is of xfce and the accessibility setup
meaning are pannels still inaccessible? i assume the desktop is still
inaccessible as it does not talk when i tab and arrow around in it. I'd
like to know this to decide wether i should stay with xfce or not or
just  switch to mate. if there are ways of making  it more accessible to
me i'm all for the ideas as long as it doesn't mean  building everything
from source and patching things I'd like to keep as close to my distro
as possible to make my life and my partner's lives easier.

How active is accessibility development with xfce these days?