using orca and xfce in ubuntu 12.10

Jonathan Nadeau j.nadeau at charter.net
Mon Sep 17 21:35:43 CEST 2012

Hello list,

I'm running xubuntu 12.10 with orca and I have some questions. I have
orca running but my problem is when I open firefox and any other
application the program opens but Orca doesn't read what is going on
within the app. I also have noticed that if I press alt and f1 this
shortcut opens the menu but Orca doesn't read the menu. I haven't tried
this yet but it seems if i run this command
  export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
   Do you think this will solve my problem? if so where would I put this
so it starts up at system boot? Thanks for all your help and time.