[Xfc-dev] Adding printing to XFC

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Tue May 1 00:07:32 CEST 2007

Now next step, printing :

I have been missing a uniform printing platform on the *nux platform for
quite some time and the new GTK+ version (=< 2.10) just seems like one
real nice interface (pango/cairo).

I thought about making this a bugzilla entry, but it did not seem right
when I tried. I may end up making an Wiki page or two instead, if this
is possible :-)

So, my idea for XFC info is :

* Web page for documentation and reference.
* Wiki for FAQ and on going development
* Bugzilla for bug reports :-)

To the printing plan :

The GTK+ printing system have been added to in 2.10 and after, and to
make it easy to print using XFC this need to be wrapped and supported.

The wrapping will be a more and less basic wrapper, and the package will
contain at least one example.

automake/conf must be able to detect if printing is supported (Gtk >=
2.10), to be able to support older GTK versions.

Any input ?

/BL