[Xfc-dev] XFC maintainer ....

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Thu Apr 19 10:15:57 CEST 2007

Sriram Durbha wrote:

> congrats, and this is great news.  it is always good to have some one at
> the top as opposed to confusion about the future.  And when that some one is a
> person like you who has shown interest and followed it up with actions, it
> inspires the fringe members like me too :).
Thanks for the nice words ... Noting will make my job more easy/nice
than lot of active users :-) But until then, only hard work lay ahead :-)

> i have not used XFC for anything significant. but when i had visited it for
> the first time my objective was to develop a settings system for my distro
> VectorLinux.
Ok, I have never been using any slack based dist, as I am a long time
Debian user, both at home and at work.

> but turned out that XFC had no wrapper for the mcs system.
And there is some confusion about the MCS subject among Xfce developers
so I hope this will be settled soon. And when it is, I will be happy to
put it on my todo list (You are welcome to do so yourself, as far as I
know).

The debian packages I have made, works nicely on Ubuntu too (have been
testing it) ...

I will be happy to support any attempts to expand the userbase, but for
now I will try to focus on making XFC more mature, and use it to develop
a few applications too.

If people see that it is alive and the mailing list is responsive then
more developers dares to invest time in XFC, I think ...

/BL