[Xfc-dev] Debian build

Sylvain Vedrenne gnu_sylvain at xfce.org
Mon Apr 9 21:11:32 CEST 2007

Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:
>
>> That's great you're working on Xfc(++) and are preparing .deb packages!
>> So,
>>    - I updated my Debian (# apt-get dist-upgrade), then:
>>    - I removed my /usr/local installation of Xfc, then:
>>    - I attempted to install Xfc using the .deb repository you indicated.
>> But it failed :o(
> Ok, I have fixed the dependency problem, and event tested it on another
> pure Debian Etch computer, and xfc-demo just works so well direct from
> repos !
>
> Please let me know how this works out for you !
>
> /BL

Hi Bo,

After your correction, I have been able to install xfc-demo on my Debian
Etch system, as follows:

tanuki:/home/sylvain# apt-get install xfc-demo
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
   libxfccore libxfcui
   libxfccore libxfcui xfc-demo
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
Need to get 316kB/1140kB of archives.
After unpacking 4014kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? (Yes !)

And xfc-demo runs with success.
Thank you!

...but then this command doesn't work anymore:
% pkg-config --libs xfc-4.3
and I need it to develop using Xfc
Did I miss something ?

Cheers,