[Xfc-dev] SourceView in XFC and more

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 21:34:00 CET 2006

On 12/7/06, Bo Lorentsen <bl at lue.dk> wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have been playing with the XFC lib for a few weeks (for some private
> projectes), and except for a few details I really like to make a larger
> project in XFC to see if it really works as expected (stability,
> performance and overhead), and to see what it is capable of doing.
>
> So, I liked to make a project editor like the old Glimmer editor, both
> to test out XFC and to make a nice reference project, and last but not
> least to make a Xfce4 IDE (small and fast) :-)
>
> But .... GtkSourceView is missing.
>
> Ok, I looked over some of Jeff's old work (Inti), and found that he had
> made an source view abstraction for Inti. So with a few changes and some
> automake magic I think we could extent XFC with a libXFCsourceview. The
> problem is that I don't have subversion access, and I could fork the
> project, but I really don't want to, so ...
>
> Is this at all possible, or are we still waiting for Jeff to show up ? I
> think it would be nice to see this project become more alive (used and
> maintained), and I am sure Jeff would be happy to see that his work has
> not died while he was away. I am no expert i Gtk+ but, but if it helpes
> and no one else want to maintain this project I will like to give it a
> try, as I hate to see this project vanish.

Considering the status of 4.4, with us inches from release, I vote we
create a branch for this development in SVN, give Bo SVN access so he
can go ahead and start working, then see where the pieces fall after
4.4.

Any seconds from a more senior dev?

> I hope this also can bring some live and new hope to this project :-)
>
> /BL

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room